To understand how your mind works, why you behave the way you do and how you can improve your decision-making, explore these psychology, philosophy, and behavioral economics books.
1. Great Thinkers: Simple Tools from 60 Great Thinkers to Improve Your Life Today by The School of Life Press
2. Free Will by Sam Harris
3. A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William B Irvine
4. Why Do I Do That?: Psychological Defense Mechanisms and the Hidden Ways They Shape Our Lives by Joseph Burgo
5. How to Find Fulfilling Work by Roman Krznaric
6. The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves by Stephen Grosz
7. Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman
8. Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior by
9. Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson
10. The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere by Pico Iyer
11. The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
12. How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton Christensen
I will be speaking at @acsbeirut this week, where I will presenting the BYTD“Bring Yoga to Your Desk” 🧘🏢 workshop, which can help you identify the true definition of “stress”, its relation with disease and to assess the level of stress in your own life. .
The conference will discuss topics for parents and teachers and is open to the public. .
Check the full schedule and registration information on the following link www.acs.edu.lb/IIE. ..
These Powerful Morning Routines Will Make You Much More Productive
1. Start with something you enjoy.
Think about what gives you energy and consider starting your day with a few minutes of it — whether that’s yoga, reading, or just sitting quietly and drinking coffee.
2. Get your sweat on. Exerting yourself will actually leave you feeling more energized and awake. Just make sure you schedule your workouts for the morning, so that they actually happen. Exercising before you go to work means you won’t put it off because of projects pilling up.
3. Plan ahead.
By laying out clear goals and priorities for tomorrow, you’ll reduce your anxiety, and you’ll rest easy knowing you already have your ducks in a row.
4. Be present.
Your moment of presence doesn’t have to be on a yoga mat or a fancy meditation studio. Try just laying in bed and thinking about what you’re thankful for as a positive way to begin your morning.
5. Avoid email as much as possible.
6. Begin with what’s most important.
According to researchers at the University of Nottingham and the National Institute of Education in Singapore, as the day goes on, your self-control and willpower decrease.
So what does this mean for you? It’s vital to get your most pressing, important task out of the way early in the morning, before the day starts to take its toll on your willpower.
Meditating is a great way to clear your head so that you can tackle anything and everything the workday throws at you. And it does everything from making you happier to boosting your health.
Click this link and avail buy 4 or more of any jams, jellies and marmalades and get a 10% discount on total order. No code needed. Discount automatically applies at checkout. Limited time offer. Restrictions may apply.
We all need to appreciate the things in our life. And journaling can be a great way to do that. Here are a few tips to get you started:
Gratitude Journals tend to be most effective when you write about three times at the end of each day. This is a regular enough and simple enough to do and writing at the end of the date tends to bring the best benefits.
Remember you want to read your journal entries in the future. This can be a great pick me up when you’re feeling stressed or down in the dumps.
Don’t write about the same things every day. Write about various topics will lower the board.
Remember that gratitude doesn’t have to be saved for the journal. Tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them. From people in your family to sales clerks and postal employees you encounter in your daily life, everyone likes to know that they are appreciated and their positive reactions can help you in a positive way.
#gratitude # #gratitudejournal#lifecoach#journaling#tips#transformation#wednesdaywisdom#wellnesscoach#wellness#lebanon#lebanonhealth#mentalhealth#joy#journeyofyou